Some new very friendly bees have appeared in Abbey Meadow, thanks to Vale of White Horse District Council who have allowed a group of Carbon Cutters to plant some pollinator-friendly flowers in the beds outside the loos.
The plants so far include:
- sunflowers “Earth Walker”
- tagetes “Paprika”
- dahlias “Bishop of Llandaff”
- nasturtiums majus “Empress of India”
- zonal pelargoniums (red and orange)
- hemerocallis fulva
- bronze fennel
- nicotiana lime green
- Lysimachia punctata ‘Firecracker’
- antirrhinums “Black Prince”
Links to websites about pollinator-friendly flowers can be found here.