21 April 2021 @ 19:15 – 21:00
Wednesday 21st April, 2021, at 19:15
Talk by Guy Matthews:
The talk I had in mind is based around our experience of replacing a conventional condensing gas boiler with an air source heat pump and comparing its actual performance after one year with what was promised.
1. Introduction to how heat pumps work and the different types and how efficient they could be in theory.
2. Our home and the process of replacing our gas boiler in the context of the government’s renewable heat incentive scheme (RHI).
3. Lessons learned: things that could have gone wrong and what is it like to live with compared to a gas boiler?
4. System performance, economics under the RHI and running cost after one year compared to what was promised and the theoretical best.
5. Thoughts on the bigger picture – relevance of air source heat pumps and the RHI to reducing UK emissions.
If you are on the email list, we will automatically email you the Zoom connection details. If not on the list, please request the details from email@example.com
Join us at 19:15 for a 19:30 start.